My top 10 (YAF) books of 2015

I decided to keep close track of the books I read this year for the Goodreads Reading Challenge, which is not something I've done before (and this blog only just began in March!), so this is my first top ten list!

These are my favorite books that were released this year. I know there are a GREAT many books that were left off my list (like books from Sabaa Tahir, Rainbow Rowell, Patrick Ness, etc.), and that's because I haven't gotten around to reading them yet! I know, sacrilege! If only there were more hours in the day and more of me to get things done. But these are my top ten that I've read from this year. Without further ado, here they are, in no particular order:


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Okay, I know I said "in no particular order," but I'd be lying if I didn't say that this was probably my FAVORITE book from this year. It was clever and unique in terms of its format, but it also just had a fantastic, gripping story. You know it's good when you end up with a three-week book hangover.

Read my review







Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas


And this book was my other favorite, my other three-week hangover. This was the only book in the ToG series that actually came out in 2015, but I did actually read the entire series this year (in a matter of days, actually). It's such a rich world, with amazing characters, and this volume in particular was smart, sexy, and epic. I can't wait for the next book.

Read my review






Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon


This book also utilized documents and emails as a part of its storytelling, but what drew me in was the love story. It's a beautifully-told love story, totally full of FEELS. And the diversity in this novel was really refreshing.

Read my review








Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


I know, I literally just finished this book two days ago, but there's no way this book wasn't going to be in my top ten, considering how much I love the series and how great this final installment was. It's the third book of the Starbound trilogy, and it does a great job of wrapping everything up. Sofia and Gideon are probably my favorite pairing of this trilogy.

Read my review






Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger


This book is a final installment as well - book 4 of the Finishing School series. It definitely ended with a major bang, and with just enough cookie crumbs (relating to Carriger's other best-selling series, The Parasol Protectorate) to make me want to go back and read all her other books again.

Read my review







All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven


Man, oh man. This book DESTROYED me. I was sitting up at the edge of my bed, crying into my hand, when my boyfriend walked into the room, took one look at me, and was like, "What is wrong with you?" This book definitely wins the Ugly-Cry award for 2015.

Read my review







A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


This was actually my first look at Sarah J. Maas, and it led to me reading ToG. As I've said before, Feyre is like a cross between Belle and Katniss, which is pretty awesome. I can't wait to read the next book.

Read my review








The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey


Such a unique premise and such a rich world! Bird people, dragon people, ancient legends, and a girl who grows up in a library... This was a really beautiful story.

Read my review








Trouble Is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly


Hilarious and over the top, it definitely fits the description of Veronica Mars meets Sherlock. I'm really hoping there will be a sequel.

Read my review









'89 Walls by Katie Pierson


A very timely read, considering how it deals with a conservative teen and a liberal teen falling in love. There is angst, and there is drama, but there is a lot to learn from this book, and more people should read it.

Read my review